|New Jersey Carousels|
(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)
|Moreland Casino Pier Carousel|
Seaside Heights, NJ
The Casino Pier Carousel was built in 1910. Originally, it was at Burlington Island Beach Park (Burlington, NJ). It has been here at the Boardwalk since 1932. Most of the figures on this 4-row machine were carved by Dentzel and Looff, but some were done by Carmel and Illions. There are 36 jumpers, 22 standers, 5 menagerie figures (two camels, a lion, a tiger, and a donkey), and 2 chariots (one by Dentzel and one by E. Joy Morris).
There is a Wurlitzer band organ from 1923 (a 16 note bell register was added in 1985). The mirrors and horse heads at the center of the carousel were added in 1976, replacing cartoon characters which were added in the 1950s when the original paintings were destroyed.
Officially, the carousel is named after Floyd L. Moreland who bought the carousel in 1985 and had it restored. He still manages the carousel. For more, see this website.
|Wonderland Pier Carousel|
Ocean City, NJ
|The Wonderland Pier Carousel was built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company (#75) in 1926. This carousel was originally located in Dallas, PA. It was moved to Selinsgrove, PA in 1946. In 1972, it was moved to the Wonderland Pier. The carousel features horses and two chariots. For more, see this website.|
|Main Carousels Page|