email: agilitynut@hotmail.com
Loading

New York Carousels (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Carousel
Syracuse, NY
The Syracuse carousel was built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company (PTC #18) in 1909. It is on the second floor of Destiny USA, previously known as the Carousel Mall. The 42 horses and two chariots were carved by Leo Zoller.

The carousel previously resided at amusement parks in Louisville, KY; Worcester, MA; and Erie, PA. In the mid-1920s, the carousel was repaired and repainted by PTC and went to Long Branch Park in Syracuse. In 1941, it went to Roseland Park in Canandaigua, NY where it stayed until 1985. The carousel and band organ were completely restored before installation at Carousel Center in 1990. For more, see their website.

NY (page 1) NY (page 2) NY (page 4) NY (page 5)
NY (page 6) NY (page 7) NY (page 8) NY (page 9)
Brooklyn Manhattan Queens
Main Carousels Page

copyright: all photos contained at this website are copyrighted and may be used only with consent

RoadsideArchitecture.com