|Massachusetts Diners (page 3)|
(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)
|Four Sisters Owl Diner
|The Four Sisters Owl Diner is a Worcester Semi-Streamliner (#759) from 1940. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This was originally the Monarch Diner when it was located in Waltham, MA. It was moved here in 1951. In 2009, a larger vestibule was added to the front of the diner. The sign was also restored in 2009 (left photo from 2004; right photo from 2010). The sign originally had neon. The interior features its original orange porcelain enamel and tile and dark green upholstered booths. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.|
|Moran Square Diner
|The Moran Square Diner is a Worcester (#765) from 1940. [third photo thanks Mark Comstock]|
|Miss Florence Diner
|The Miss Florence Diner is a Worcester (#775) from 1941. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and was renovated in 2002. Alexander's Restaurant, located behind the diner, was owned by the Alexander family, along with the diner, until 2001. When Alexander's changed names and owners, the sign was renovated. Confusingly, the restaurant's new name of "Silk City" conflicts with the manufacturer of the Miss Florence. For more, see this website.|
|Angelo's Orchid Diner
New Bedford, MA
Angelo's Orchid Diner is an O'Mahony from 1953.
Charlie's Diner is a Worcester (#720) from 1934. It was originally known as O'Neil's Diner. It became Al's Diner in 1953. It has been Charlie's Diner since 2008. For more, see this website.
|Handy Hill Creamery
The Handy Hill Creamery is an ice cream stand. The owner has three diners on the property which have been sitting for a number of years. In 1998, he bought Eddie's Diner (photo top row, left) which was originally in Quincy, MA. Eddie's, a 1952 O'Mahony, had been through a fire and was scheduled for demolition. It was saved by the American Diner Museum and stored in New Bedford prior to moving here.
Behind Eddie's, is the Traveler's Diner (top row right and second row). This 1951 O'Mahony came from Dover, NJ. It was moved here in 2003. There were plans to join these two diners together to form the Handy Hill Diner. However, as of 2009, there has been no progress on this project and the diners are pretty much abandoned in the weeds.
The third diner on the property is the Jimmy Evans Flyer, a 1940 Sterling Streamliner (bottom row). It is the sole remaining double-ended Streamliner. This diner was originally located in New Bedford, MA. In the 1980s, it was moved to Pocasett. In 2000, it was operating as the My Tin Man Diner when it was severely damaged in a fire. It has been here since 2003.
|MA (page 1)||MA (page 2)||MA (page 4)||MA (page 5)||MA (page 6)||MA (page 7)||MA (page 8)|
|Diners Main Page|