|New York Ice Cream (page 2)|
(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)
|De Dee's Dairy
Niagara Falls, NY
De Dee's Dairy looks like it was built in the 1950s or so.
Super Cream appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. The angle of the roof suggests this might have been built as a Carvel.
|King Kone is another 1950s/1960s Carvel-looking stand.|
|Hoyer's Ice Cream
Stony Point, NY
|Hoyer's Ice Cream appears to be from the 1950s or earlier. The neon cone sign is lit at night. For more, see this website.|
|Moxie's Ice Cream
|Purity Ice Cream Company
|Moxie's Ice Cream is housed in a stand from the 1930s. It was previously known as Wagar's Dairy. The Moxie family has been running this stand and making their own homemade ice cream since 1969. There are always new flavors - made in 150 gallon batches with vintage equipment. For more, see this website.|
|Krisch's Restaurant &
Ice Cream Parlor
|Krisch's Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor opened in 1920. This business features diner-like atmosphere and food, as well as homemade ice cream. For more, see their website.|
|Dairy Freeze Chill and Grill
|Pink Roof Ice Cream Stand
Lake George, NY
The Dairy Freeze Chill and Grill is part of the Latham Greens Family Fun Center.
The Pink Roof Ice Cream Stand appears to be from the late 1960s or early 1970s.
|Martha's Dandee Creme
Lake George, NY
|Martha's Dandee Creme was once part of a restaurant and cabin complex which was built in the 1950s. The photo at the left above is from 2001. The property was originally used as a chicken farm. A rooster, possibly from that farm, used to hang around the restaurant. He was the inspiration for the fiberglass statue on top of the sign. In 1999, the entire property was sold to Six Flags. Their Great Escape Amusement Park is just across the road from Martha's. In 2009, the previous owners bought back the ice cream stand and restaurant. The restaurant still remains closed. The neon sign was altered to advertise exclusively for the ice cream stand (second photo above). For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3.|
|The Snow Man stand has been here since 1953 and still uses the original Emory Thompson machines to make its ice cream.|
Richfield Springs, NY
|Mister Shake features an old sign topped by a rabbit and a funky mini golf course.|
|Ice Cream Island
|former photo kiosk?
|I don't know if Ice Cream Island, Cooligan's Island, May's Alterations and the Muncie structure were always ice cream stands or if they were originally photo developing kiosks from the 1960s/1970s. All four are located in shopping center parking lots. Ice Cream Island was previously called "Picture Island". Fotomat had similar structures which had a pyramid style roof. For more, see this website.|
NY Ice Cream
|NY Drive-ins||NY Misc.|
|Main Eateries Page|