email: agilitynut@hotmail.com
Loading

Wisconsin Gas Stations (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former station
Cochrane, WI
former station
Janesville, WI
This former station in Cochrane opened in 1933. It sold Phillips 66 gasoline until it closed in 1989. The building appeared to be vacant for awhile when these photos were taken in 2007.

This former station in Janesville was built in 1925 as a Wadhams station. From 1934 until around 1960, it was known as the Fairfield Service Station. The station closed in 1977. In the late 1990s, vintage Sinclair pumps where installed in front of the building. They were apparently removed when the station next door became a BP. For more, see this website.

former Bartles-Maguire station [gone]
Waukesha, WI
This former Bartles-Maguire station was built in 1929. Later, it housed a Wadhams station and then a Mobil station. The bay building on the right was added in 1939. In recent years, the building housed a fruit stand and a used car dealership. It had been vacant for a number of years. When threatened with demolition, there was a lot of community support to save it. However, the building was razed just a few months after these photos were taken in 2011. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

former Bartles-Maguire station
Watertown, WI
This former Bartles-Maguire station has housed Zwieg's Grill since 1946. For more, see this website.

former Sinclair station
Watertown, WI
This former Sinclair station was built in 1927. The building now houses Steamtech Carpet Cleaning.

former station
Manitowoc, WI
This former station was built by the Clark Oil Company in 1927. It was designed to blend in with the neighborhood. Later, it became a Texaco and then a Spur station before closing in the mid-1980s. When these photos were taken in 2007, the office was being used by K&S trailers. There was still an island in front but no pumps. However, just months later, the station was completely remodeled, eliminating the historic features. In 2008, the building reopened as P.K.'s Beans N' Cream, an ice cream and coffee shop. For more, see this website.

former station
Hartford, WI
former station
Milwaukee, WI
This former station in Hartford was built in 1928 as Lohr's gas station. In the 1950s, the canopy portion of the building was filled in when the building housed Troeller Tire Shop. In 2007, the building housed a State Farm Insurance office. However, it appeared to be vacant when this photo was taken in 2011.

This former station in Milwaukee also appeared to be vacant. It was probably built in the 1920s.

former station
Milwaukee, WI
This former station was built in 1927. The building houses Wisconsin Muffler.

former station
Milwaukee, WI
This former station now houses Car Champs.

former station
Milwaukee, WI
This former station appeared to be vacant when these photos were taken in 2011.

WI Misc.
page 2
WI Misc.
page 3
WI Misc.
page 4
WI Art Deco WI Pure Oil WI Canopies WI Iceboxes Wadhams
stations
Main Gas Page