|Michigan Diners (page 2)|
(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)
Rosie's Diner & the Diner Store
Dinerland consists of four diners and a food-themed mini golf. Dinerland was founded by Jerry Berta who bought "Uncle Bob's Diner" and brought it here from Flint, MI in 1987. It is an O'Mahony from 1947. Berta restored it and turned it into a studio and gallery known as The Diner Store (photos third row above). In 2010, this diner was turned into "Rosie's Ice Cream Shoppe".
The diner shown in the second row above is a Paramount from 1946. This diner was designed with extra room between the counter and the seating area. It was originally located in Little Ferry, NJ where it was known as the "Silver Dollar Diner". It was renamed Rosie's Diner in 1970. The name was kept when it was moved here and reopened in 1991.
In 1994, Berta bought a third diner, the Garden of Eatin', a 1952 Silk City from Fulton, NY (fourth row above). When it was relocated to Dinerland and as a sports bar and for private parties. It was used as a sports bar.
The fourth diner shown in the bottom row above was built by Berta. It is was used as a billiard room for the sports bar.
More MI Diners:
|Diners Main Page|